Wednesday, December 16, 2009

EEC Christmas Party




















































































It was 7:09, thirty nine minutes after we'd invited people to attend the EEC Christmas party, an event we'd been planning for months now. I look at Josh and we both look at the crowd - 11 students are here. "Hmm. Well, at least we'll have plenty of food," I said, since we were planning for 50. Somehow, it happened over the next 21 minutes that 54 more people came in. I looked at my friend in amazement and he just said "That's the Indonesian way." I just laughed. We played a version of "Family Feud" with all the questions relating to Christmas. We even surveyed some of you in America for the responses. It was a huge hit. Josh was the host, with just the right amount of corny and cheesiness. He was like a celebrity, people wanting his picture after the show - haha.

We had a great time playing the game, eating Christmas cookies (my cake was frosted with red and green m&m's on top) -thanks to my mother-in-law sending them in a package! :)
Two of our teachers explained the difference between a cultural Christmas and a believer's Christmas, telling about the birth of Jesus. We ended the night with a fun photo session with our students and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment